Environmental/Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager – Aircraft Refuel/Defuel Services Functions
Website DGC International
Education: High School or Equivalent
Career Level: Experienced
% of Travel Required: 10%
Company Phone: +17036526056
About DGC International
DGC International, a mission-ready ISO 9001:2015 company, provides worldwide Logistics, Operations, Training, and Mission Support services to clients in the Department of Defense, Department of State, and other U.S. Government agencies. The company is headquartered in McLean, VA. Please see www.DGCI.com for more information.
DGC International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS IS A PROPOSAL REQUISITION. ALL EMPLOYMENT DISCUSSIONS AND OFFERS ARE FULLY CONTINGENT UPON DGCI BEING AWARDED THE WORK FROM THE U.S. GOVERNMENT.
Project Overview: Provide aircraft refuel/defuel services functions at and near the United States Army Aviation Center of Excellence (USAACE), Fort Rucker, Alabama to obtain safe, efficient, cost-effective refuel/defuel services through continuous improvement programs and using industry best practices while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
All aircraft participating in flight training are to be refueled in the most efficient, safe and expedient method. No aircraft will be turned away or refused refuel service based upon the location or type of aircraft requesting fuel
Environmental/Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager Position Overview and Primary Responsibilities
- Manages Safety Policies and Procedures and other Health, Safety, Environmental (HS&E) and Training systems.
- Ensures implementation by all Signature operations in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Prepares local safety policies and procedures for senior management approval.
- Ensures proper communication of these company systems at the local level.
- Conducts on-site inspections and audits of base operations, facilities, equipment, materials and training to further develop, recommend and/or implement policies and procedures.
- Conducts HS&E and Training inspections and audits. Prepares reports, and communicates unsafe findings to appropriate authorities, addressing root causes and determining corrective action.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Additionally, DGC International reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. All applicants should know that employment with DGC International is At-Will.
Preferred Skills, Training and Education:
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a petroleum safety technician; or
- Possess a degree in safety management from an accredited institution in addition to experience, training, and expert knowledge in safety and environmental program management.
- Possess strong computer skills.