Maintenance Manager – Aircraft Refuel/Defuel Services Functions
Website DGC International
Education: High School or Equivalent
Career Level: Experienced
% of Travel Required: 10%
Company Phone: +17036526056
About DGC International
DGC International, a mission-ready ISO 9001:2015 company, provides worldwide Logistics, Operations, Training, and Mission Support services to clients in the Department of Defense, Department of State, and other U.S. Government agencies. The company is headquartered in McLean, VA. Please see www.DGCI.com for more information.
DGC International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS IS A PROPOSAL REQUISITION. ALL EMPLOYMENT DISCUSSIONS AND OFFERS ARE FULLY CONTINGENT UPON DGCI BEING AWARDED THE WORK FROM THE U.S. GOVERNMENT.
Provide aircraft refuel/defuel services functions at and near the United States Army Aviation Center of Excellence (USAACE), Fort Rucker, Alabama to obtain safe, efficient, cost-effective refuel/defuel services through continuous improvement programs and using industry best practices while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
All aircraft participating in flight training are to be refueled in the most efficient, safe and expedient method. No aircraft will be turned away or refused refuel service based upon the location or type of aircraft requesting fuel
Maintenance Manager Position Overview and Primary Responsibilities
- Analyze maintenance costs and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement
- Track fleet usage and maintain accurate inventory of equipment
- Assist in the development of maintenance budget by providing input relative to policy, costs and established metrics
- Carrying out all government and environmental statutory regulation on fleet to avoid infractions that may cause disturbance on daily orders and transfers
- Ensure the maintenance records (such as job cards, maintenance logs etc.) for fleet are accurate and up-to-date
- Negotiate service agreements to ensure cost efficiencies
- Complete performance reviews of maintenance staff and jointly determine areas of development and training requirements
- Communicate maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and implement correction actions as required
- Identify maintenance employee training requirements and ensure successful completion
- Prepare regular weekly and monthly maintenance report and parts usage for management appraisal as required.
- Coach drivers on identification of faults and ways of reporting or providing continuous, constructive feedback regarding performance of assets in transit
- Investigates incidents and accidents, reports them to the appropriate Safety personnel and completes all required paperwork.
- Establishes schedules and methods for providing fleet maintenance and repair services in a timely and within-budget fashion
- Forecasts additional funding needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies
- Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and place orders for repair/replacement parts for vehicles and equipment
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Additionally, DGC International reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. All applicants should know that employment with DGC International is At-Will.
Preferred Skills, Training and Education:
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a maintenance manager, preferably with fuels-related equipment
- Knowledge on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to retrieve any information on vehicles, inventory, or employees electronically.
- Up-to-date knowledge of regulations emanating from the Industry or the regulatory authorities to make sure the company stays in compliance
- Readiness to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours
- Experience with aviation fuel delivery vehicles/equipment is important
- Strong troubleshooting skills and excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Sound oral/written communication skills in addition to analytical and computer literacy with particular experience using MS Office and fleet management systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong computer skills.