Website Acterra Group
Education: High School or Equivalent
Career Level: Professional
Company Phone: (319) 377-6357
Preferred Skills, Training and Education:
- Minimum of 3 years steel piping, fuel and/or oil equipment service experience required.
- Computer experience a must.
- Industry specific equipment training required including training on Veeder-Root, OPW, Wayne, Verifone, and Gilbarco equipment.
- Highly organized and self-motivated problem-solver is key.
Hourly position with full benefits available.
- Candidate will be allowed to home office, if not located near actual offices.
- Travel will be required.
- Be available for work at all times in an “on-call” status rotating schedule.
- Be able to perform troubleshooting and minor repairs of petroleum product leaks in the hydraulic pumping area of petroleum dispensing pumps and dispensers).
- Perform meter calibration certification.
- Be able to perform troubleshooting and repair of Fleet Fueling Systems (such as: PetroVend, Gasboy, and/or Fuel Master).
- Be able to perform troubleshooting and repair of mechanical flow meters (used for metering the flow rate of petroleum products in a dispensing unit).
- Government background check is required.Job Requirements:
The Acterra Group is looking for Fuel Technicians for Government and Private Clients. We are looking for people that share our core values including integrity and honesty, a positive attitude, a good work/life balance, a team player and a strong customer focus.
Due to growth in many of our business areas, we are now searching for outgoing Fuel Technicians in our Midwest and Mountain Region offices.
Travel will be required - we will work with remote candidates in various areas of the country. If you are a dynamic and independent individual looking for a unique, multi-faceted career opportunity in a fun industry with a growing business, we want you to join our team!
Candidates should possess a fundamental understanding of construction and be able to operate different construction equipment and tools. Plumbing, piping, mechanical and/or general construction experience a plus.
A High school degree and current driver's license is required.
The work will consist of installing tanks, piping systems, and other equipment, and testing after equipment is installed. This includes construction, repair, and preventative maintenance on fueling systems, fuel dispensers, Point of Sale (POS) systems, fleet fuel systems, pumps, tank monitors, and fuel management systems. Work also includes troubleshooting and repairing various fueling systems in storage and dispensing systems.
Candidate must also be customer minded focus with great follow-up skills, Microsoft Office skills, and have good communications skills. We will train the appropriate candidate.
Overnight travel should be expected.