Fuels Distribution System Operator
Website Katmai Government Services
Education: High School or Equivalent
Career Level: Professional
% of Travel Required: 0-25%
Manage fuels products to meet the requirements of supported organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, store, issue, transfer petroleum products IAW Air Force Instructions and DLA-Energy policies and procedures.
- Perform dispatcher, expeditor and safety person duties as required per AFI 23-201.
- Ensure inspection forms are properly maintained and annotated.
- Receive, store, transfer, issue petroleum products in a safe manner.
- Inspect and perform preventive maintenance on fuel facilities and refueling equipment.
- Inventory assigned tanks and equipment and performs product rotation IAW DoD 4140.25M and DLA Energy policies.
- Comply with all safety procedures and all federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills, Training and Education:
- Obtain and retain a valid Class B California commercial driver’s license with HAZMAT endorsement and be insurable by the company's insurance carrier.
- Ability to determine, analyze and properly respond during fuel exercises and emergency situations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 7 Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two (2) years of documented experience (military/civilian) in the areas of fuels, operation and preventive maintenance of fuels storage and dispensing systems, aircraft and ground fuel servicing operations.
- Thorough knowledge and minimum two (2) years of problem solving and direct application experience of DOD DLA Energy and AF fuels management instructions and procedures.
- Minimum of two (2) years hands-on experience in properties & characteristics of petroleum products; safety precautions; fuels automated system procedures, statistical methods and procedures.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience supporting fuels operational requirements and applying commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within fuels management arena.