FDSO ( Fuel Distribution Systems Operator ) / Truck Driver
Website Louis Berger Services
Education: High School or Equivalent
Career Level: Professional
Under the daily supervision of the Lead with assistance as needed from the Terminal Manager, the Fuel Distribution System Operator / Heavy Truck Driver (FDSO) is responsible for safe and timely set-up, monitoring and transfer of fuel movements during a specific shift assignment. This role ensures through definitive methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to a safe and efficient operation.
- Perform receipt, issue, storage, spill cleanup, maintenance scheduling, hazardous waste, and fuel quality assurance operations
- Perform the full spectrum of quality assurance sampling and testing as may be required, to include weekend and holiday fuel support to meet MIL-STD- 3004 and ASTM D-1655, latest revision
- Sample petroleum handling equipment and systems by various methods and means, from receipt to product issue
- Perform operation, maintenance, and calibration of lab equipment, recordkeeping, and lab safety procedures
- Inspect, evaluate condition of, and maintain fuel storage tanks, pipelines, piping systems, product pump, filter, meter, gauge, and flow control mechanisms, and other petroleum system components
- Detect system malfunction/misalignment/leaks/adjustment issues, and perform scheduled and unscheduled system maintenance
- Remove, repair, and replace system components
- Complete all assignments directed by Management in a safe, efficient and timely manner as required by Company rules and regulations and all Federal, State and local laws.
- Properly loads and unload refueler trucks with correct product
- Communicate and coordinate with dispatcher personnel
- Interact with customers and relay specific requests
- Safely perform retail and bulk fuel deliveries
- Complete the proper documentation of deliveries
- Inspect vehicles before and after every trip and report any issues
- Skillfully connect/disconnect hoses, operate pumps/valves for safe loading and offloading
- Perform operation, maintenance, and calibration of refueler trucks and onboard equipment
- Follow all DOT regulations; especially those pertaining to transport of hazardous materials
- Performs the operation, maintenance, and calibration of refueler trucks and onboard equipment
- Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, notwithstanding work in other functional areas to cover absences and relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
- Valid State Driver's License
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate with managers and coworkers in English
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements
- Have knowledge and practical experience of refueler truck operations.
- Have knowledge of DOT regulations, driver safety regulations and applicable driving laws.
- Have a safe driving history with no major violations in the past 5 years
- Have practical experience in operation of bulk fuel distribution systems and pipeline operations
- Experienced in use of common fuel sampling equipment, aviation and ground fuel sampling procedures, and conducting laboratory tests of petroleum products
- Trained in applicable regulations regarding petroleum handling equipment and systems
- Have a knowledge of automated tank gauging systems, high/low level alarms, and cathodic protection systems
- Must be able to pass the required background checks for the position through the military and civilian systems. The ability to obtain a government Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must be authorized to work in the US or will be authorized by the successful candidate’s start date.
- Successful results of pre-employment screenings, to include drug screen, federal background check, and motor vehicle check.
- Comply with Company Drug and Alcohol policy