Truck Driver / System Operator (DSO)
Website Louis Berger Services
Education: High School or Equivalent
Career Level: Professional
Company Phone: 1.864.360.2089
Louis Berger Services, Inc. (LBS) is seeking a part-time Truck Driver / System Operator (DSO) at Fort Bliss, TX. This position is responsible for the receipt, issue and transportation of petroleum products to aircraft and other storage facilities via refueling units and rapid refueling equipment in support of Department of Defense requirements.
- Maintains and operates petroleum facilities and equipment.
- Receives, stores, and issues, petroleum fuels products.
- Performs operator maintenance on fuels handling equipment and facilities.
- Prepares receipt, inventory, and issue documents for fuels products accounting.
- Operates refueling equipment to dispense products to aircraft and ground support equipment and facilities.
- Maintains fuels records. Ensures accuracy of receipt, inventory, and issue documents.
- Monitors product temperature, inventory levels to ensure adequate stock are on hand to support the mission.
- Monitors refuel truck/system operations for fuel levels, pumping systems, correct operating pressure, temperatures and integrity of fuel delivery system.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly Inspections on fueling vehicles and systems in accordance with established procedure.
- Isolates off specification products and takes appropriate actions to correct quality problems.
- Ensures an effective operator maintenance program is carried out.
- Performs operator checks and routine maintenance on facilities.
- Maintains inspections and maintenance records for facilities. Report facility deficiencies to appropriate maintenance activity.
- Maintains laboratory test equipment, collects samples from receipt sources, bulk storage tanks, and dispensing equipment. Ensures an effective product segregation and recovery program is implemented.
- Inspect visually and tests samples of fuel to meet established standards, checking for gravity, flashpoint, and any other laboratory required tests. Completes required reports per the statement of work.
- Maintains grounds and performs general housekeeping for the fuel storage areas.
- Performs minor corrosion control activities of the facility and equipment to prevent deterioration and to maintain usability.
- Prepares and submits reports or other verifying documentation as required by contract and other regulatory authority.
- Performs bending, squatting, kneeling, walking, climbing and reaching to both ground level and overhead; lifts, carries, pushes and pulls; holds and grips objects; responds to audio transmitted information and/or alarms and distinguishes colors as required for such things as fuel coding and control tower light gun; may stand for long periods of time and run during emergency response action.
- Works both indoors and outdoors with exposure to weather conditions, dust and pollen; subject to constant noise, fuel odors, fumes, and a variety of mechanical, electrical, chemical, and other safety hazards associated with or working around aircraft vehicles, equipment, and fuel.
- Perform required tasks and training to meet prescribed safety standards, maintaining compliance with contract language for OSHA/DOT related standards. Ensures compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Understands and abides by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
- Performs all other duties prescribed by management.
Preferred Skills, Training and Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A keen attention to detail and self-motivation are a must.
- The candidate must be dependable, consistently at work and on time, follow instructions well, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- A demonstrated ability to monitor their own work to ensure accuracy and quality is essential. Candidate must possess the ability to use an automated inventory system.
- Working knowledge of tractor/trailer operations to include the receipt, storage, internal handling, and shipment of petroleum products.
- Must be able to multi-task, working around noisy moving aircraft both day and night in inclement weather, heat and fast paced environment, meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to effectively and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a variety of environments.
- Must be able to tactfully navigate delicate situations with finesse and sensitivity.
- Must be detail-oriented with a strong sense of motivation and drive to constantly perform at a high level of expertise with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand guidance for day-to-day work requirements.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to pass the required background checks for the position through the military and civilian systems. The ability to obtain a government Common Access Card (CAC).
- 18+ years of age
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs. regularly
- Ability to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
- Successful results of pre-employment screenings, including federal background check, MVR, and drug screen
- Comply with Company Drug and Alcohol policy
- Must be authorized to work in the US or will be authorized by the successful candidate’s start date.
- An ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Truck and facility fuel delivery systems.
- Must have (2) years of experience with Class “A” CDL with Hazmat endorsement.