Education: Bachelor degree in Business Management or Engineering, or the equivalent
Career Level: Professional
The Project Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering and technical services relating to construction and maintenance projects at terminals and pipeline facilities for our West Coast Facilities.
Preferred Skills, Training and Education:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of petroleum terminal facilities
- Understanding of basic engineering principles and applications
- Knowledge of multi-disciplinary construction techniques and project phasing
- Detailed knowledge of the following engineering standards: ASME, NFPA, API, DOT-195, and SPCC
- Strong hydraulic network analysis skills for petroleum piping systems utilizing packaged software and manual calculations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction
- Flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor and attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under time constraints and changing priorities, and can consistently deliver on-time and on-budget projects
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four- year university or college is preferred
- A minimum of (4) year of pipeline and/or terminaling experience is required
- Experience with a range of petroleum commodities including refined liquids, LPGs, alternative fuels, asphalt and chemicals
- Project management experience singly or under the guidance of a more experienced engineer
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is a plus.
- Possess and maintain valid driver's license
- Able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) within the appropriate time frame
- Able to fly both domestically and internationally and able to obtain a valid passport
Up to 50% travel required.
Successful candidates must complete a drug screen, functional employment physical and background check. TransMontaigne maintains a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
TransMontaigne Partners LLC is a terminaling and transportation company based in Denver, Colorado with operations in the United States along the Gulf Coast, in the Midwest, in Houston and Brownsville, Texas, along the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers, the Southeast, and the West Coast. We provide integrated terminaling, storage, transportation and related services for customers engaged in the distribution and marketing of light refined petroleum products, heavy refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals, fertilizers and other liquid products. Light refined products include gasolines, diesel fuels, heating oil and jet fuels; heavy refined products include residual fuel oils and asphalt.
TransMontaigne is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. TransMontaigne makes hiring decisions solely based on qualification and experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops scopes of work, cost estimates and budgets
- Performs conceptual through detailed engineering, including coordination with internal design/drafting functions and third-party support firms
- Manages, directs, coordinates, and expedites construction and maintenance projects at terminals and pipeline facilities
- Prepares bid documents and coordinates with Purchasing Department from bidder and vendor invitation through selection
- Maintains timely project cost control and record keeping
- Provides advice to management regarding construction and maintenance projects
- Represents TransMontaigne with outside entities and agencies during project execution to ensure continuity throughout the project lifecycle
- Creates project schedules in collaboration with management, reviews production performance and makes adjustments as necessary to maintain schedules
- Provides management with progress status reports on all projects
- Ensures compliance with TransMontaigne safety standards for all construction and maintenance projects and conducts contractor safety meetings as required
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards for assigned projects
- Provides operations support during systems startup and troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned