Fuels Construction Superintendent
Website Weston Solutions, Inc
Weston is a premier Environmental Consulting Firm
Education: High School or Equivalent
Career Level: Experienced
% of Travel Required: 80
At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions.
Employee-ownership at Weston is a path to professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a highly connected community that works together across key service areas to make a difference in the environment. Weston continues to evolve and adapt to our changing world as a premier provider of environmental and infrastructure services for over sixty years. In both the public and private sectors our teams help identify, solve, mitigate, and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a generous, comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal needs of its people and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions.
- Paid time off to include vacation, sick, holiday and parental leave.
- Life and disability plans.
- Critical illness and accident plans.
- Work/Life flexibility.
- Professional development opportunities.
The Fuels Systems Superintendent performs site management tasks related to fuel systems including minor construction, maintenance, and repair projects. He/she coordinates closely with local points of contact at the facility, the project manager, and subcontractors. He/she maintains health and safety requirements and quality control on the site at all times. He/she documents all project activities to ensure all project stakeholders remain informed throughout the project field effort.
- Provide clients with complete and cost effective project results according to agreed upon methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Perform all project assignments safely, in a technically appropriate and cost effective manner, and within established schedules and budgets.
- Manage internal teams, subcontractor crews, and schedule as required. Evaluate personnel actions and shutdown field activities when health and safety or quality is compromised in accordance with approved plans.
- Conduct/facilitate daily meetings with field team and facilities personnel as needed.
- Responsible for the on-site quality control program implementation and control activities.
- Act as liaison with the project manager, owner, regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and/or internal departments on technical, safety, and quality related matters as required.
- Assist with material and project plans submittals process. Ensure compliance with contract documents and specifications.
- Record construction and quality control activities on daily log books. Provide detailed photographic documentation of work performed, and draft/submit daily activity reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma plus minimum 10+ years experience in construction/quality control related program management, including 5 years of DoD Fuels related construction/quality control experience.
- Work can be outside the continental United States. Must be able to travel abroad for extended periods (6 months) to support field activities at worldwide locations if needed.
- The following certifications are preferred but not required:
API 653 Inspector
API 570 Inspector
NACE CIP Certification (any level)
STI Tank Inspector
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
ASNT Level II or III Certification
Quality Control Management (QCM) Course (USACE or Navy)
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Complete daily/weekly field reports with photos using Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Able to meet time sensitive deadlines and carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
Able to analyze data and resolve issues.