Senior Project Engineer
Website Weston Solutions, Inc
Weston is a premier Environmental Consulting Firm
Education: Bachelor degree in Business Management or Engineering, or the equivalent
Career Level: Experience (Non-Manager)
At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions.
Employee-ownership at Weston is a path to professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a highly connected community that works together across key service areas to make a difference in the environment. Weston continues to evolve and adapt to our changing world as a premier provider of environmental and infrastructure services for over sixty years. In both the public and private sectors our teams help identify, solve, mitigate, and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a generous, comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal needs of its people and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions.
- Paid time off to include vacation, sick, holiday and parental leave.
- Life and disability plans.
- Critical illness and accident plans.
- Work/Life flexibility.
- Professional development opportunities.
The Senior Professional Engineer executes and manages projects within the scope, budget, schedule, and the quality expectations established. He/she leads the planning and development of engineering tasks for assigned projects. He/she also supports management staff in completing engineering design, technical research, construction plans, specifications, report preparation, and quality assurance reviews. Weston is seeking a professional in this role with federal fueling design experience.
- Responsible for all engineering work requiring his/her engineer’s seal.
- Responsible for the direction, control, and supervision of engineering and/or surveying work to assure that the work product has been critically examined and evaluated for compliance with appropriate professional standards by a licensee in that profession.
- Review and perform various engineering related calculations and analyses of information in the application of the basic design criteria in conformance with Weston’s Engineering Quality Management Plan and as necessary to complete assigned projects.
- Collaborates with CAD technicians, field technicians, designers, and other team personnel to complete projects efficiently and accurately.
- Assists the Project Manager in estimating and tracking project costs, staffing projects, and leading the project team.
- Working knowledge of the procedures necessary to execute a sound and efficient project, with the goal of developing good project management techniques.
- Train and mentor less experienced staff in engineering design, fuel systems, and related construction and operating procedures.
- Coordinates and reviews data tabulation/evaluation and reports, engineering designs and specifications.
- Perform quality control (QC) checks.
- Prepare and issue contractor-supplier scopes of work and obtain quotes, review contractor submittals, and support the construction team.
- Leads proposal preparation efforts and development of project costs.
- Participates in professional societies and other similar organizations.
- Interacts with clients regarding project specific tasks.
Preferred Skills, Training and Education:
- Five years engineering experience with Federal Design Contracts
- API, STI, NACE or other applicable certifications
- Repair and upgrades of aboveground API 650 storage tanks
- Installation, upgrade, and removal of underground storage tanks
- Design and installation of DoD fueling systems in accordance with AW and UFC design requirements to include tanks, pipelines, hydrant systems, offloads, fill stands, gas stations, containment basins, pantographs, and other such systems.
- Active member of professional organization suited to specific practice area is a plus (i.e., SAME, ASCE, NACE, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited program, plus a minimum 6 to 8 years related experience in fueling system design.
- Professional Engineer licensure required. (Multiple States preferred) with active NCEES account.
- Provides supervision for technical tasks and assignments for engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data.
- Able to meet time sensitive deadlines and carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
- In depth knowledge of company tools to evaluate profitability and track budgets.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and can travel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Understanding of the following programs: CAD programs including Autodesk Civil 3D & AutoCAD.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to prepare and review reports, design documents, proposals, and engineering/construction cost estimates.
- Able to work effectively in group settings and direct engineering staff on design and investigative tasks.